It is obvious that US population is more bilingual than ever. Here are some of the materials provided by NJ.gov to understand and accommodate bilingualism at the schools:
1. Types of programs in NJ: http://www.state.nj.us/education/bilingual/policy/programs/
2. Bilingual program structure training: http://www.state.nj.us/education/bilingual/pd/pst/.
3. Samples of audios and materials based on real ELLs:
http://www.state.nj.us/education/bilingual/ell_mainstream/index.html (good materials for analysis and reflection of the nJ system).
4. Free Professional Development materials: http://www.state.nj.us/education/bilingual/pd/pp/.
5. Spanish Language Development Standards (WIDA): https://www.wida.us/standards/sld.aspx.
6. Great mapping tool according to Hispanic origin: http://www.census.gov/dataviz/visualizations/072/.
This is a blog where I will collect all types of resources for linguists and language teachers.