It has been repeated over and over that our students are digitally-native and born in the Net generation (I recommend this article by Jones et al. 2010 on the subject). These past years, I have tried to compile a series of short videos and GIFs that could be used in language classes, with the aim of effectively keeping students' attention.
Here is a list of some of the resources I have found (I will try to keep this list updated as much as possible):
LANGUAGE ACQUISITION AND LINGUISTIC THEORY
1. What our language habits reveal (Steven Pinker, TED talk, 2005).
2. How language evolve (Alex Gendler, TED talk, 2014).
3. Language acquisition (documentary, BBC, 2010, 6 parts)
4. How children acquire and produce language (documentary, BBC, 2001)
5. Practical example of parents raising children bilingually (English-Chinese)
SPANISH LANGUAGE CLASSES
1. Spanish gender- (The Office - Michael Scott learning Spanish part 1).
2. Spanish pronunciation and vocabulary (The Office - Dwight )
3. The importance of knowing Spanish (American dad)
4. If they need convincing about learning languages and becoming bilingual (Bilingual celebrities)
This is a blog where I will collect all types of resources for linguists and language teachers.